Free Drive-thru testing is now available at Weequahic Park in Newark for Essex County residents who are symptomatic of the virus that causes COVID-19.
- The site will open on Thursday, March 26 and Saturday, March 28 when 100 tests per day will be administered.
- The site will also be open next week on Monday, March 30, Wednesday April 1, and Friday, April 3 when 150 tests per day will be administered each day.
- The testing site is for Essex County residents only
- Appointments are mandatory.
- Residents must arrive by car.
- Anyone wishing to be tested must meet specific testing criteria, which includes a fever of at least 99.6 degrees and respiratory symptoms of shortness of breath.
- Appointments will be scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Residents can visit www.EssexCOVID.org, where they will be required to complete a short online screening process before an appointment is scheduled. Upon completion of the survey, they will be informed if they are eligible for the screening.
- Residents without internet access can register by calling the Essex County Office of Emergency Management at 973-324-9950. The call-in center will be open form 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. An operator will help them complete the initial survey and issue the confirmation number.
- Essex County will continue to administer the virus screening as long as supplies of test kits, gowns, facial masks and gloves last.
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter